What a month! Ok, it was a truly sucky reading month. I admit it. And I was WAY lax in my posting. So, dear readers, I do apologize for the very infrequent posts that I made. But so many things were going on, there just wasn't time. I know. Same excuse as always. I just can't help it if it happens to be TRUE!!
So....what went on in the month of April in our household?
- There was work (but isn't there always??) Lots and lots of hours of work!!
- My youngest daughter....my BABY....turned 7. And she got her very first bike. At least, her very first NEW bike.
- Soccer started for Ana. And softball practice started for both Bella and Ana.
- My grandmother's illness and passing.
- Aaron's movie started filming in town....and finished in the same month. Although we weren't as heavily involved as some, we spent quite a few hours on set. And at the killer wrap-party!! And made a whole bunch of new friends in the bargain.
- Twitter. I can't begin to tell you how many hours have been sucked into the black hole of Twitter!
OK....there was more going on than that....but that gives you an idea. I was unable to participate in the read-a-thon. I had to work that weekend. I would love to in October, but I'm not holding my breath. Chad plays JFL football, and almost every game is on Saturday. If it's a travel game, I could be on the road for 3 - 4 hours (some games are really far away!)
WAY more books came into my house this month than left. If I keep up this pace, the foundation may start to crack! Pathetic reading month for me. Only 4 books and 2 Graphic Novels. Of course, those were my very first graphic novels! It didn't take long for me to be hooked either. Say, 1/2 a page?? The only problem I see is that the graphic novel is rather expensive. And my library has a VERY poor selection. In fact, the two that I read were borrowed through inter-library loan. I don't know how many of either series is actually in the system, but I can tell you there is no way I'm stopping now!! Hopefully, if the libraries don't have them, I can get them to pick up at least a couple. After that, I may be busting open the piggy bank. Or at least breaking out the birthday money that I've stashed away for a rainy day.
I also joined 3 reading challenges this month: The Non-Fiction Five Challenge, The Classics Reading Challenge, and the Printz Project. Whew....at least I read more books than the number of challenges I joined. That could have been bad!
Books this month:
- Cry of Justice by Jason Pratt
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Fablehaven Book 2: Rise of the Evening Star by Brandon Mull (review to follow)
- The Sandman Vol 1: Preludes & Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman (review to follow)
- Fables Vol 1 by Bill Willingham (review to follow)
I'm shooting for a much better month in May. More books, more reviews, more posts. Only time will tell!!
Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!!