Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Blogger Awards are Brillante and Excellent!



In the past couple of weeks, this lowly little blog has been bestowed the honor of a couple of blog awards. I've been remiss in my duties as owner to thank everyone....and I'm going to do that right now!!


Marg from Reading Adventures has been a friend for a long time. In fact, it was in part due to Marg and her blog that I actually started this blog! She has wonderful book reviews and great taste, so I always love to stop by and see what she is saying!!

Biblioatrist from Bibliolatry is smart, sassy and has excellent reviews as well. I feel honored to make her list of blog award winners!

Amy from The Sleepy Reader is another blogger that I have been following since, well....since I started this blog. Her blog also has great reviews, and lots of book related "stuff". She's a really nice person to boot. What more can you ask from a blogging buddy??

Carrie K. from Books and Movies and Wisteria from A Bookworm's Dinner are both relatively new-to-me bloggers. Both have wonderful, book-related blogs and have been added to my ever-expanding blogroll. I actually feel the most honored to be nominated by these two since I don't know them that well....and they felt my blog deserved an award. Well that just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling!!

So...THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! I'm am honored, and to be honest, rather humbled. When I started blogging, it was to keep all my book reviews in one spot. To rant a little. And maybe pass on some decent information. But I can honestly say I didn't really have any expectations for other to actually READ it. And now that I know you do, I will try to do better....and maybe post a little more often!!

Now....to pass on the love:


Once an award is received, the rules are as follows:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.

This is really hard. Because I love all the blogs that I frequent, and I always feel like I'm leaving someone out. But, rules are rules, so I'll pass these awards on to just a few of my blogging buddies:

Nicola from Back to Books. Nicola's blog is filled with wonderful book reviews, both for adults and YA's. I love finding great recommendations from her. She hasn't steered me wrong yet!

Bobbi from Bobbi's Book Nook is a relatively new-to-me blogger. But from reading her numerous and wonderful reviews, we seem to be very like-minded in our reading. She has great diversity in her reading, and I can see my TBR pile growing a lot from just visiting her blog!

Rhinoa from Rhinoa's Rambling is like a reading "soul sister". I love her taste in books, I love the look of her blog. And let's face. She's just plain cool!!

Tammy from Rambling's by Tammy is a relatively new blogger. But I've known Tammy for a lot longer since we've been involved in a book club together. She is smart, sassy and funny. She has great reviews. And you need to check out her blog!

Laura from Reading Reflections is another fairly new blogger. She has a very pretty blog with wonderful reviews. She's also a challenge addict like me!!

Tanabata from In Spring It Is the Dawn has a beautiful blog. Besides the great book reviews, she is a kick-ass photographer, and there are always wonderful pictures to see. A definite must-read blog!

Finally.....there is Debi from Nothing of Importance. There are days I honestly think Debi and I were separated at birth!! She is smart and funny. Has great taste in books. Wonderful reviews. And lots of great family pictures. Debi's a great mom, with great kids and a great love of reading. And when I say Challenge Addict....she's right up there with me!

That's it. I could go on for hours. But I won't. Share the love!!

11 comments:

Teddy Rose said...

Congrats on receiving the awards! You deserve them!

Melody said...

Congrats on receiving those awards, Stephanie! :) You know I enjoy reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, I love that you think I am cool :) Us NIN and Ministry fans have got to stick together... :)

Debi said...

Ahh, thank you, Stephanie! You know it's funny, I think I could just copy word-for-word what you wrote about me and say it about you. Only I'd add that I love reading your blog because our views on politics and social issues seem to match up so well, too. Yep, you so deserved these awards...your blog ALWAYS has something great to offer! But then that's just because you're one sweet, intelligent, awesomely cool chickie!

tanabata said...

Thanks so much, Stephanie! I haven't had as much time for blogging lately (especially reading blogs - I'm soooo behind) but I'm thrilled you think I'm award-worthy. :)

Ana S. said...

Congrats on the award, Stephanie. You completely deserve them. And what a lovely group of people you passed them on to :)

Laura said...

Congrats on your awards, and thank you so much for mine! It is my first one! :) I really enjoy reading your blog, and I feel honored that you read mine!

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie! I was totally overhelmed when I realized you had awarded me with my first blog award! I had such a horrible day today, so your news was my bright bit of sunshine. Thank you so much!

Stephanie said...

Teddy - Thanks!! It just feels good to know others are reading what I have to say!

Melody - You are so sweet! Thank you!

Rhinoa - Damn Skippy! I'm just happy someone knows who Ministry IS! And NIN....well, Trent is my man. I'm hoping to catch them again on this tour. I've already seen them 6 times, but there is just nothing like Trent Reznor live!

Debi - Wow. Now it's my turn to blush!! Politics and social issues are important to me. I try to NOT get on a soapbox too often, but there are days when I just can't help it!! You deserve the award!

Tanabata - You are SO deserving. I love to come to your blog just to see the pretty pictures. They always brighten my day!

Nymeth - Thanks!!

Laura - You are most welcomed. I love your reviews, so keep it up!

Bobbi - Sorry you had a bad day, but you deserve the award. For a new blogger, you've got great "stuff"! And you are most welcomed!

Nikki in Niagara said...

Ahhh, thank you so much stephanie! I love your blog too!

Anonymous said...

ah, congratulations! much deserved!

and i fully agree with your nominations too.