For all my neighbors to the North, Happy Canada Day!! In honor of the holiday and my friend John, from the Book Mine Set, I decided to once again take part in his Canadian Book Challenge. Last year, I read one book (mind, you it was a great book!!! A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry). But sadly, only one.
So here it is again: Starting July 1st, 2008 and running to July 1st, 2009, I challenge you to read (and write about) 13 Canadian books (by Canadians and/or about Canadians).
This year, I already have a head-start on the game because I'm almost done with my first selection, Crow Lake by Mary Lawson. So, here are my selections, a few left over from this year:
- Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
- Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
- The Dreaming Place by Charles de Lint
- Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood
- The Time in Between by David Bergen
- Runaway by Alice Munroe
- The Summer Tree by Guy Gavriel Kay
- A Jest of God by Margaret Laurence
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- The Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston
- Fall on Your Knees by Anne-Marie MacDonald
- Clara Callan by Richard B. Wright
- Monkey Beach by Eden Robinson
Sounds like fun!!