Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday - Generosity


Booking Through Thursday

Generosity December 18, 2008

Do you give books as gifts?
To everyone? Or only to select people?
How do you feel about receiving books as gifts?


I tend to give EVERYONE books as gifts!! Even my husband, the non-reader, gets books. The last one I bought for him was Nikki Sixx's biography, The Heroin Diaries. But see....that's the beauty of books. There is literally something for everyone!!

My son gets fantasy books. Bella gets anything with Faeries. And Ana is kind of like me. She'll read the back of a cereal box. Right now, she is interested in any of the Early Reader Books.

My brother is another person that will get books for Christmas. His taste is really weird....just like mine! I always buy him something *I* want to read, with the hopes that it will come back to me soon.

Hmmmm....how do I feel about RECEIVING books? Are you kidding? Books are the best gift of all. Well.....a new Mustang Shelby would probably be the BEST ever, but books are right up there!!

6 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

I personally think that books are the best gift to both give and receive!!!! I actually told my hubby this year that I would be happy with just a stack of books for Christmas!! :)

Ana S. said...

Books are my favourite gifts to give and receive too. It's not very surprising that everyone has been answering similarly :P

DesLily said...

If i can't give a book I give a gift certificate to barnes and noble! (or amazon) but its more fun to go to the book store!

Backcountry Muse said...

Nobody can EVER go wrong by giving me a book. They match my personality so well that even if the book is a repeat, I appreciate the thought immensely. Undoubtedly, books are my very favourite gift.

Paul Weiss

Carl V. Anderson said...

I find it so much easier to buy books for people who read as there is such a wide variety of choices. As for receiving, I love getting books and especially love getting bookstore gift cards so that I can try to make it last (which never happens) and can get special things and associate them with the person who got me the card.

Kailana said...

Howdy! You have a Christmas Spirit Award waiting for you at my blog...