Hello Sunday Saloners!! I'm hoping that 2009 has started off with a bang for all of you!! Today, I'm doing my "end-of-the-year" wrap-up post. I warn you...it's not as detailed as a lot that you will see. I didn't really take the time to break things down in minute detail, like men authors or new-to-me authors. Maybe I will try that next year. For now, it will just be the basics:
Books Read in 2008: 51
Pages Read in 2008: 18,259
ARC's Read: 7
Fantasy Read: 25 (yep...Half were Fantasy!)
I readily admit I don't read as much as a lot of bloggers out there. There just isn't time. I work 2 jobs and have 3 kids. That being said, I read 2 more books this year than I did last year...and I can honestly say I probably worked twice as many hours as I did last year. All things considered, I think I did pretty good!
My Top 5 Books for 2008:
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- Memory and Dream by Charles de Lint
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- (and just one more) Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
- Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
- Vampyres of Hollywood by Adrienne Barbeau and Michael Scott
- The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason
- The Good Thief by HannahTinti
- Untamed: A House of Night Novel by PC Cast and Kristin Cast
- Matrimony by Joshua Henkin
- HeartSick by Chelsea Cain
For me....this was a great year in reading!! I actually finished 4 challenges: Once Upon a Time II, RIP Challenge III, The Pub '08, and the YA Reading Challenge. I still owe a couple of wrap-ups with those...especially before I move on to the thousands of challenges I've going to sign up for this year!!
- Don't push myself. Reading is my escape. I don't want to make it a burden.
- Read more ARC's. I've been sent a lot already for the beginning of this year and I want to make sure to read them.
- Read more non-fiction. I ended up reading NOT ONE non-fiction book this year. It's always a challenge for me to read non-fiction because I don't usually like it as well.
- Read more short stories. The last year or so, I've had a lot of fun with them, and I want to keep it up!!
- Blog a little more regularly! Again...this is fun for me and I don't want to make it seem like a chore.
- Finally.....HAVE FUN!!
Right now, I'm reading an ARC of Eclipse by Richard North Patterson. It's about genocide for oil (uh, no....it's actually a FICTION book) and it's really good so far. Other than that....I'm just trying to ease into this new year. On the off-chance that someone actually buys me a book for my birthday, I'm already putting together a "wish list". It includes Looking for Alaska by John Green, The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, and Just After Sunset by Stephen King. Cross your fingers for me!!
2008 is finally in the bag. Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful 2009!!! Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!!!