Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Since I wasn't here on Monday......


I figured I might as well do a Mailbox Monday today!! I know. I know. It's Wednesday. But I've been out of town. It was 2 very LONG and stressful days. And I'm seriously glad it's over. I feel drained. Completely. Physically, but most of all, mentally drained.


I did get a chance to go to the movie Wrap Party and had a great time. Of course, I drank about 5 too many glasses of wine!! Still, the cast and crew were wonderful! And we'll be seeing some of them soon, when we head up to Chicago for to party with them!!!

On to mailbox Monday (on Wednesday). Actually, I skipped last week, so this is a list of books that have entered my house the last 2 weeks. I got some really good ones!!



The book I'm probably most excited about is The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, the author of The Shadow of the Wind. Another book about literature, this one is sure to go to the top of the TBR pile!!









Mommy By Mistake by Rowan Coleman is a book that lovely Wendy, The Literary Feline passed on to me. She received this book for review, and didn't think she would like it. I've read a couple books by Rowan Coleman, back in my "Chick Lit" days. I LOVED them. So she sent it to me!








Sag Harbor by Colson Whitehead is an ARC that I got from Shelf Awareness. I've read a few reviews of this one already and am really looking forward to it.









The Blue Notebook by James Levene is another book that is generating a lot of buzz. The ARC was also received from Shelf Awareness and although it's a hard topic, I can't wait to read it!!










The final book that I received from Shelf Awareness is Ultimatum by Matthew Glass. Set in the future, it's a thriller dealing with global warming and catastrophic effects it has on our environment. Sound relevant to me!!










Next up are 2 books that I received from the Early Readers program at Library Thing. The first is Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann. "a dazzlingly rich vision of the pain, loveliness, mystery, and promise of New York City in the 1970s." Sounds great!!






The second book that I got from Library Thing is Misery Loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder. Chick Lit can be a nice distraction sometimes!!












The last 5 books are from a box that I got from Curled Up with a Good Book. I haven't reviewed for them for awhile, and I'm looking forward to the challenge. The first is a YA book called The Debutante by Kathryn Williams. I always love a good YA book, and this one looks sweet.









Enclave by Kit Reed is a YA book that is described as "dystopian satire". What could be more fun than that?? I'm really looking forward to this one!! Will have to read it sooner rather than later!











Good Luck by Whitney Gaskell is another humorous Chick Lit book. I seem to have a couple of those on the pile this time.












Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols is another YA book. This is one that is put out by MTV. I've read a couple of their books before and really liked them. I hope this one is the same.







And the last book to enter my house this week is The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen. I really liked her book Garden Spells, and I'm hoping this one is just as good!






That's it. Next week, hopefully I'll make it on Monday!!

12 comments:

Amy said...

You got some GREAT books!! Can't wait to hear all your thoughts!!! :)

Bookfool said...

Wowee, you hit the motherlode. Rest up! I'm glad you're back. :)

chrisa511 said...

I got The Angel's Game in the mail yesterday too and I'm SUPER excited about it :D Still haven't read shadow of the wind...really need to fix that!

Kailana said...

Nice pile! Glad you are back!

Michelle said...

Wow! You got a haul!! Need help with those? ;-)

Marg said...

I am so jealous of all these people who are getting ARCs of The Angels Game! Jealous, jealous, jealous.

Ladytink_534 said...

Wow looks like you've got a ton of good ones. Enjoy!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I don't believe one can ever drink too many glasses of wine! :) Glad you guys enjoyed the wrap party and I'm envious of your pending trip to Chicago. You and yours certainly deserve any time off you can get!

Oh no! Now I am 2 Carlos Ruiz Zafon books behind! ;)

Love the cover of The Blue Notebook and really, really love the cover of The Sugar Queen. You should check out my profile on artist Brandi Milne...at least one of the featured pieces is kin to this book cover! Garden Spells is on my to read list and now this one will be as well.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have gotten some much needed rest. Great haul of books. The Sugar Queen is as good as Garden Spells.

Melanie said...

Those are some great books. Sugar Queen is as good as Garden Spells, so you should enjoy it.

Anna said...

I bought Good Luck for my sister for Christmas, and she loved it. Happy reading!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Aarti said...

I read both The Angel's Game and The Blue Notebook recently- can't wait to see your reviews of them! I was so thrilled to be chosen to get both of them before they were published! Such a great reason to be a blogger :-)

Hope you're doing well- I think we've lost touch but glad to stop by your blog randomly!