Unless you have been living under a rock the last month, you all know about Book Blogger Appreciation Week. It's coming up soon: September 14 - 18.
The brain child of the wonderful Amy, at My Friend Amy, Book Blogger Appreciation Week is "A week where we come together, celebrate the contribution and hard work of book bloggers in promoting a culture of literacy, connecting readers to books and authors, and recogonizing the best among us with the Second Annual BBAW Awards. There will be special guest posts, daily blogging themes, and giveaways."
There is even a dedicated blog for BBAW this year. You can find it here. And if you visit there right now, you'll find this meme:
If you were a part of BBAW last year, please answer these simple questions on your blog and drop your link into Mister Linky so that others can learn all about BBAW! Feel free to tag other bloggers to play along!
1) What was the highlight (something that happened, a post, an activity, etc.) of BBAW for you last year?
2) What is one new blog you discovered during BBAW last year?
3) What tips would you share to help others get the most out of their BBAW experience?
1. The absolute highlight of BBAW last year was the fact that I got a chance to host 4 of the awards!! Blog Name, Best Romance Blog, Best Kid Lit Blog and Best Challenge Blog. And what was even more special, to me anyway, was being able to present an award to Dewey @ The Hidden Side of the Leaf. We all know the impact Dewey had on the Book Blogging Community, and the loss we felt when she was gone.
2. New blogs? I discovered tons of new blogs, but one of the ones I remember most is The Literate Housewife. Jennifer was one of the presenters for some of the blog awards, and I remember going to her blog for the first time. She has some great reviews and is a rockin' blogger!
3. The best thing I can say about BBAW is it's a chance to "meet" a whole bunch of really great book bloggers. It's a chance to get to know people that share a common bond: the love of books and reading! If you don't do anything else during the week, at least visit a few new blogs!!
This year it's going to be bigger and better. And I, for one, can not wait!!