Thursday, March 15, 2007

Weekly Randomness - Bookworm

Well....while I was out reading up on my blogs for the week (I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to read any of my friend's blogs!), I found this on Chris' blog. So I thought I would throw it in here as well. The topic was Bookworm!! What can I say? It fits!

randomness...feed your mind and your blog



week of March 11: Bookworms

If you're like me, your a bookworm.
I love to read. Whether it be a book, magazine, back of the cereal box...anything.
However I do prefer a good long novel.
So for this week, lets talk about our fav books.

1. Do you like to read? What is your fav book? author?
OF COURSE, I like to read!! HELLO, check out the name of my blog! My very favorite book of all-time is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. But I would have to say that The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas is a close 2nd! I love Stephen King....since High School. So I'm going to throw him in as one of my favorite authors. But also: Jodi Picoult, Thomas Hardy, JK Rowling, and soon to add Neil Gaiman!

2. Do you hate it when they turn a book into a film?
I'm a very visual person anyway. I LIKE to see books on film. But the truth is, most of the time the author's work gets butchered. There are rare exceptions, including To Kill a Mockingbird and Gone with the Wind. Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me.

3. Has a book ever changed your life? How?
I can't say a book has ever CHANGED my life. But there are some books that I have read that have impacted me. The Alchemist certainly made me think about the decisions I make.

4. Do you tend to borrow books from the library or do you prefer to buy them?
I borrow AND buy. I prefer to go the book store and buy brand new books of my own. But let's face it. I can't afford to buy all the books I want to read. And I don't have the room in my house for them. Besides...the librarians now know me by name!

5. Which book are you planning on reading next?
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemrovsky and The Keep by Jennifer Egan

'Never judge a book by its movie.' J. W. Eagan

till next time....
LATER!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the shout out.

There is quite a buzz about Suite Francaise. Let me know if it's worth it.

kookie said...

I adore Stephen King. I hate it when people just write him off as a 'horror writer' because he is so much more than that. Could a 'horror writer' create 'The Shawshank Redemption' or 'The Green Mile'? Glad to know there are others out there who appreciate him for the excellent novelist he is.