Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 7


Well....it's that time again, and it's Lucky #7. But today, I'm wicked busy at work and don't have all that much time to be creative. So, it's a boring one for me today, but I needed to make a list anyway!! So here it is:


Thirteen Things that Stephanie Has to do this weekend!!




1…My first order of business is to finish Absurdistan. It HAS to go back to the library by Saturday!! It's an Inter-library loan book and it was due yesterday!! I'm their best customer these days, and I would hate to have my privileges revoked!!

2. I also need to finish Blue Zone by Andrew Gross. I am late with a review to Harper Collins!! Man...being sick really cut into my reading time. I'm about 1/2 through this and it's really fast-paced, so I shouldn't have any problems finishing it.

3. We have 3 movies from Netflix that I'd LIKE to watch sometime in the next few days. The Good Shepard, The Pursuit of Happyness, and Deja Vu. I know....good titles. Just need to find the time!!

4. I have piles of laundry to do. It's amazing how much laundry can accumulate with 5 people. I try to do a load or so a night....but inevitably, I always have tons on the weekends.

5. Tomorrow night after work, I must go to the grocery store. You know...I hate grocery shopping. I always forget something. It doesn't matter if I make a list, it just happens. I'm about out of Diet Pepsi, and would hate to start the weekend caffeine free. That CAN'T happen!

6. Bella has to turn in her final "Book It" sheets on Monday. For a 1st grader, to get your "Book It" coupons, you have to read 10 books a month. BUT to get a BigTime Certificate at the end of the year you need to read 100 books! My being sick this month put a damper on our nightly reading, so I need to make sure she has at least 4 books done this weekend! Danny the Dinosaur and Sammy the Seal, here I come!

7. Because we only have a 3 bedroom house and the closet space SUCKS, I usually have to pack up the clothes by the season. It's time I pull out the girls' shorts, tanks and sandals for the summer!!

8. Since I'm doing #7, I might as well get the bedrooms straightened out. The kids have been lax the last few....months! It's time for an overhaul of putting toys away, dusting, and cleaning out under the beds. That could be scary!! (this one will be done with mucho help from the kiddies themselves!)

9. While on the subject, I need to haul the vacuum up to the top floor and vacuum and dust. I try to do this weekly, but it never happens. I really need to plan better.

10. The 2 bathrooms need cleaned. Do you see a pattern here?? 3 or 4 weeks of feeling bad, and the house has gone to hell in a handbasket. Try as they might (which really wasn't that much) the rest of the family didn't do too well without me!

11. Might as well go for the glory and clean out the frig while I'm at it. This is like the worst for me. Stuff always gets pushed to the back. You never know what might be lurking there!!

12. After all this cleaning on Saturday, I think I will need to take the kiddies for Ice Cream!! Yeah!! The Dream Hut is open again, and I love their waffle cones!! Besides that, they have little candy eyes and lips to put on the cones for the girls.

13. And the piece de resistance of the weekend. Tickets to the White Sox/Angels game at Comisky. Yes, I do realize it's not Comisky Field anymore. But it just doesn't sound the same by saying "US Cellular" field!! We have great seats and want to get to the field earlier. My son is making a sign for Mr. Jim Thome, who is a graduate of the high school in our fair town. Chad's hoping for at least a wave from the Big Guy! Can't wait. Supposed to be fair and in the 70's!!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Later!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has a difficult time returning library books on time and keeping laundry caught up. (I'm trying to remember the last time I saw my laundry room floor. ;) )

Happy TT!

byoc said...

A reading theme, and LATE, mine is late for work because of reading.

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

Ah, my sister from another mother :)
Our netflix are also piled up. Just wait until you see the laundry pile 7 make (I am debating on whether or not I should actually share pictures of it, it's sad...and I don't go to work everyday, even sadder!)

I totally blame book it for the e coli I contracted in 2003 after eating from the pizza hut salad bar.

as for the names of sports venues these days...ugh. I can't wait for the day of the Trojan SuperDome, heee, think of all the slogan potential there.

Happy TT!

kookie said...

check back with us on Monday. I for one would like to see how much of this stuff you accomplish. Good luck.

*kookiejar slinks away, knowing full well, she needs to clean out her closet today, and yet, is wasting time on the computer.*

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Laundry? Caught up? Every time I think I am and take a day off, I realize I missed stuff...

Happy cleaning; may it go easily and may the kids find lots of things they've outgrown and are ready to give away.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Girl, that's quite a list. Do you ever sleep? Have a great weekend.

Lisa said...

We have laundry down at my house, but seriously need to clean out closets. My husband fully believes he'll one day wear all those clothes and I know he won't. So out out out they go! Soon!

Gentle Reader said...

I am buried under my piles of laundry, too. And the never-ending cleaning. And it's definitely wishful thinking when I say I'm going to get the kids to help with it...they start out helpful, but poop out early, or get distracted by all the old toys we're trying to give away!

Amy Ruttan said...

Whoa sounds like a busy weekend.

That was my weekend two weeks ago. This weekend is date night and glo mini golfing.

Happy TT thanks for dropping by mine.

The Rock Chick said...

Ahhhh, it will always be Comiskey to me, too!!!!! We are northsiders, but somehow my dad has always been a Sox fan and my son is one, too Just bought him a Thome jersey---he's my son's fave!!!

Hope you find time to do all this stuff! Pursuit of Happyness is overdue for me at Blockbuster, too!! Trying to find time to watch it...(maybe if I stop reading so many blogs, I'd be able to......NAH!)

Happy TT- Enjoyed your list!
Jessica The Rock Chick