Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Obama for President in 2008


Well.....per the email I received yesterday, it looks like Barack Obama has taken the first steps in process of a Presidential campaign!! He filed the papers to create a presidential exploratory committee! Now, I'm not exactly sure what that means, but if it gets the man into the race, then it's all good! I haven't been this excited over politics in a long time. OK...that's not exactly true. I was a pretty happy camper this November when the American people spoke and put the Democrats back in control of the House and the Senate. For the first time since Bush stole the election in 2000, I'm starting to feel good about things. And Obama is such an inspiration!! I feel it in my bones. This man is the Real Deal!!
Here's hoping that everyone in this country will LISTEN to what Obama has to say!
Later!

3 comments:

Andi said...

Hip-hip-hooray!!!! I've been listening to his podcasts on my iPod on the way to work and I get more excited with each one!

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to move his books up on my TBR list! Congrats and good luck to your Bears.

moonbeam said...

I like Obama, and I like Hillary, and I also like John Edwards. And really, let's face it, Barney the dog would be a better President than his master...But which of the 3 is the most "electable?" I don't really, really think that people are ready for a woman pres. There has to be a woman V.P. first. I know I don't have a problem with it--but if she were Obama's running mate, that would be ideal--but that will never happen. Obama and Hillary just might cancel each other out and Edwards will come out winning. One thing, tho, the debates will actually be exciting this time.