OK. I know what you are thinking. What in the world is going through her head?? You weren't thinking that? Maybe it was just me.....but I'll tell you. Peer Pressure is a bitch! I caved!! So much for finishing the challenges I already started before signing up for a new one!!
But this one has a fun title, a cute picture, and to be honest.....a really cool idea!! It feels very reminiscent of the Something About Me Challenge I participated in last year.
Anyhoo, here's the deal:
Renay from Bottle of Shine is hosting this fun challenge!! (the tl;dr stands for Too Long, Didn't Read, in case you are wondering!) Here are the "Rules".
1. Make a list of ten books you love. That's the only qualification; you had to love (or at least like it) the books on the list. Ten books, a list full of ♥
2. Share the list. (Renay is on LJ, so I suggest going to the Challenge post and reading her instructions on how to sign up)
3. Browse the lists created by our other members, collected here: reading lists! There will also be a master list of books available when people actually makes their lists.
4. Read at least three books recommended by others between May 1st - November 30th, 20082. Of course, more is fine! Encouraged, even!
5. Write reviews of the books you read! As long as folks are reading from our collection of lists, I'll continue collecting those reviews in our account, until the very last second of November 30th. 6. Share the links to your reviews for the challenge by using one of the steps listed in #2.
So....I've thought about the ten books I'm choosing. They are probably already on the master list, but I don't care!!
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (my very favorite of all books!)
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (probably my next favorite book!)
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman (My introduction to the Wonderful World of Gaiman)
- The Stand by Stephen King (This is my very favorite King and it wouldn't be a favorites list with him)
- The Book Thief by Markus Zuzak (such a wonderful book. Of course, I can't imagine anyone out there that HASN'T read it yet!)
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathon Safran Foer (such a strange book, but I loved it!)
- The Little Country by Charles de Lint (this is the book that started me down that long road of fantasy reading)
- Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog by John Grogan (I dare you not to love this book!)
- Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (one of the best YA books I've ever read)
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (such a weird, but uber-cool book!)
That's my list....and I'm sticking to it!! No wonderful I'm so weird. Just look at my favorite books!! Of course, I could have added 10 more without batting an eye.
Now...I'm not picking the books I'm actually READING yet. Not a chance. Because once I do, someone else will just add more books to the list. Then I'll just keeping adding more books, and the endless cycle will never stop!!
How about you guys? Game for another challenge?