I do. I really love my library. At the beginning of the year, they switched library systems and upgraded everything. Now, it just so easy to use. I can even do it from home. I can log on, check my holds, renew my books, and even request books. (But nothing actually beats walking through the doors and seeing all the books on the shelves. Yes, I know. I'm a geek. Sue me.)
So last week, I was trying out the new system, and thought I would try to place holds on books outside our library. I have used the Inter-Library Loan system for quite awhile now. But before the upgrade, I had to physically hand a list of books I wanted to the reference librarian and he would search for the books and request them. Now I can do all that myself.
On Monday, I got a call that a book was in for me. And Tuesday, I got a call that a couple of books came in for me. By Thursday, 7 books had arrived for me!! Yeah, I don't really do anything in moderation. It seems to be a problem for me!!
So....I have this stack of books to try to get through in the next month:
- Memory and Dream by Charles de Lint
- Trader by Charles de Lint
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Barney's Version by Mordecai Richler
- Generation X by Douglas Coupland
- 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill
- Quicksilver by Neil Stephenson
Plus the books I checked out from my own library:
- Tithe by Holly Black
- Enchantment by Orson Scott Card
- The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta
- Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein
And finally....the book I special ordered from Barnes & Noble: The Wood Wife by Terri Windling.
Sheesh. I need to have my head examined. But now I have a whole world of books at my fingertips!! Gotta love it!