Monday, September 28, 2009

This Damned Shoulder.....

Just when I'm feeling good again, the clutz in me comes out! I slipped and fell in a big puddle of water (for the record, that wasn't my fault, and water on ceramic tile = trouble!). Fell on my ass, but stupid me, tried to catch myself. Just force of habit, I guess. I felt ok, until about 5 hours into my shift at the Red Cross, and my shoulder (the bad one) started stiffening up....badly. Left early for the ER.

On a positive note, it's not dislocated, separated or broken. On a negative note, it's sore as hell, and any further damage to the rotator cuff is undetermined. I can't go back to the Cross until I'm realized by a doc, so I'm on vacation right now. And I'm supposed to be back at the restaurant tonight, but I still have my arm in a sling. So I really don't think that's going to happen. I really need the money the restaurant provides. I'm losing daily right now....so a few words of good things my way might help me out just a bit!! A little mojo is never a bad thing!! Thanks, guys!

I have 3 reviews to write. At least I can still type!!

18 comments:

Ana S. said...

Sending all the good thoughts in the world your way, Stephanie!

Debi said...

Oh Stephanie, damn. I swear I've spent oodles of time thinking about how very much you need a vacation...but this was never what I meant! I so very much hope you're feeling better very soon, sweetie!!!! Truckloads of positive thoughts being sent your way!!!!

Iliana said...

Oh Stephanie, I'm so sorry! I hope your shoulder feels much better soon so you can go back to work. Sending you lots of good vibes!

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you heal fast. :(

Kailana said...

Oh, that's horrible, Stephanie! Here's hoping you heal up very soon!

Chrisbookarama said...

Ugh, that sucks. Hang in there and rest that arm.

Marg said...

Sending healing vibes your way Stephanie.

Lisa said...

Oh no! I hope it heals fast. Nothing sucks like not being at work when you need the money..

chrisa511 said...

I'm with Debi Steph...I think all the time how much you need a vacation and I've wished a vacation on you so many times that you wouldn't imagine! But I didn't want it to happen like this :( That's just awful!! Dammit Steph, get better!!!! I'm sending all the positive vibes that I can to you!! Can you feel em? ;)

Michelle said...

Stephanie - Good thoughts and more coming your way!! Things are supposed to get better for you!

Amanda said...

O no! I hope you heal up fast and feel better. Good thing you can still type!!

ReadDiscover said...

Poor you, really hope you get better soon. What a tough thing to happen at the moment.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Man! If it's not one thing it's another. Hope you get feeling better soon.

S. Krishna said...

Aww, I'm sending good thoughts to you!

Bookfool said...

Wish you well. I'm sending all sorts of healing thoughts and vibes and mojo and hugs (but not the kind that make your shoulder throb).

Melody said...

I hope your shoulder gets better soon!!

Ladytink_534 said...

Ouch! Hope it gets better soon!

Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so very sorry! I pray for a quick recovery. It sucks getting hurt as we get older because we feel it more! Wish we could always maintain the resiliency we have as children.