Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas

Why is it that no one ever gets me what I want for Christmas?? Yes, I got some really nice things, but did anyone buy me books??? My son is the ONLY person that got me a book for Christmas!! And he did good too, especially for a 10 year old. He bought me Lisey's Story by Stephen King. He KNOWS that King is my favorite author. Good kid, that one! Everyone else got me "stuff". I can't tell you how many hints I laid out there.....just get me a B&N gift card or a Border's gift card. But NO ONE did! My mom got me PJ's and some Bath & Body stuff. My husband bought me a necklace (and it is VERY pretty, but I'm not much of a jewelry person to be honest) and some clothes for work. His one redeeming gift was a certificate to get my hair cut and colored. It's now much shorter, dark (almost black) with a hint of red!! Oh well...I have a birthday coming up. Let's see if anyone gets the hint!

I did finish Between Friends by Debbie Macomber. I will post a review later. Nice book. Not my normal thing, but kept me reading! Right now, I'm reading Women on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown by Isabel Sharpe for review for Harper Collins and West of Eden by Harry Harrison.

Later!

No comments: