Monday, May 7, 2007

Randomness......At The Movies


We were supposed to go to the movies this weekend. Spiderman 3. But something came up so we didn't make it. I don't normally read reviews, but I do know this one got lukewarm ones at best. I still want to see it....I hope to find the time soon! This week's randomness is about movies, one of my favorite topics!!



randomness...feed your mind and your blog

week of May6: At the Movies


1. Do you like going to the movie theater? How often do you go? What treats do you buy when you go?
I LOVE going to the movie theater! I always have. There is nothing like seeing a good movie on the big screen!! I do miss the old movie theaters though. The multi-plexes just aren't the same. I usually always get the same thing when I go....Popcorn with butter, soda and a big bag of Twizzlers!

2. Cell phones in the theater, do you keep yours on or off?
I usually turn mine to vibrate. Something about being disconnected to the rest of the world that I find a little scary any more!

3. What's the last movie you went to see in the theater?
I saw Hot Fuzz a week ago. Before that.....it was Grindhouse!

4. Have you ever waited on line for an obscene amount of time (several hours) just to get tickets to a movie? Also, have you ever dressed up as a film character.....i.e. a hobbit, a witch or wizard...while watching a movie?
Honestly, I don't think I've waited in a huge line for hours since I was a kid. My aunt and uncle took me to see the first Star Wars. (I was really young, but I do remember it!) And no. Never dressed up for a movie (unless you count a midnight showing of The Rocky Horror Picture show in college!)

5. What do you like most and least about going to the movies?
I love seeing a movie on the big screen. It's just so much better. Visually and especially the sound! The only thing I hate about going to the movies is the commercials. I get enough of that at home on TV.

6. What's the worst movie you've ever seen? Why?
I generally know about the movies that I see. I'm sure there are a few that I would have liked to have my money back from, but nothing I can think of off the top of my head. I did have a date in high school take me to see a Rambo movie and I fell asleep in the middle of it. That didn't really bode well for the date, but he deserved it for taking me to such a lousy movie!! Actually, I used movies to gage how my dates would hold up. One date didn't want to see Clear and Present Danger with Harrison Ford, but took me to see Encino Man instead. Yep. That was a one date wonder!! I was also dating a grad student. We got along great. He was cute and fun. But we went to see Silence of the Lambs. During the BEST scene in the whole movie (the END) when it was dark and Clarisse was trying to catch the killer, my date leaned over and said he thought we should leave. It was a little too intense for him!! I told him he was nuts and he could wait for me in the car if he wanted to leave. That pretty much was the end of THAT relationship. Oh well....bygones!!

till next time...
Later!!

5 comments:

kookie said...

Yeah, I don't think I would be able to be with a man who found "Silence of the Lambs" so intense he couldn't watch the end. Weener.

When I go to the movies (this might fall into the TMI territory) I put my phone on vibrate and then I stick it in my bra, just in case my kids are calling, I don't want to miss them. Is that weird?

Gentle Reader said...

I put my phone on "silent", then put it in my lap and check it every once in awhile--it lights up if there's any activity--just in case the kids call. But I like kookiejar's bra idea better...

And sorry you had to sit through Encino Man in a theater :)

Stephanie said...

Kookie - Yeah. Weener is a good name for him!! It was such a shame at the time. I had rather high hopes for him. That was the nail in the coffin though!!

Gentle Reader - Can you believe ANYONE would go see Encino Man?? I LIKE Brendan Frasier, but the whole Paulie Shore thing was enough to make me drop that guy like a hot potato!! At least my husband and I have similiar taste in music and movies. (He's not a reader though. Still haven't figured out how THAT happened!)

Suey said...

We're going to Spiderman tomorrow night at the IMAX theater! I can't wait. I don't care about the lukewarm reviews, it will still be fun. I'm a huge movie fan, and the louder the sound, and the bigger the movie, the better! It's going to be a great summer because there's lots of movies to look forward to.

The Bookworm said...

hi, great blog and interesting answers :o)

you're the 3rd person online that has mentioned 'hot fuzz' I never heard of that one.
have a good week!

http://randomeme4u.blogspot.com