Sunday, October 25, 2009

End of Read-a-Thon Survey

Each year of the read-a-thon, I think "Next year, I'll get a chance to participate". I never do get to read, but I did get to cheer this year. Only for about an hour at the beginning. And the final 8 hours or so. But it's been a lot of fun, even if I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked. But I thought I would finish off with the Ending Survey:


1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Since I'm a third shifter, the first couple of hours were the worst. I hadn't been to bed yet!! These last few hours, I've been wide awake!

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? This year has been such a great year of reading for me. I would suggest quick, fast-paced reads like The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and The Knife of Never Letting Go. Books that make your heart almost stop!

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope. From what I saw, the read-a-thon was a total success!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything!!

5. How many books did you read? Only a cheerleader. I did finish 3 short stories tonight though!

6. What were the names of the books you read? short stories from John Connolly's Nocturnes

7. Which book did you enjoy most? N/A

8. Which did you enjoy least? N/A

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Have fun! Visit as many blogs as you can....and try to visit new-to-you blogs. It's always fun meeting new people!

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will always participate in same way, shape or form. If I could be a reader, I definitely would do it. But just cheerleading has been a lot of fun. Hopefully, I made at least one person smile tonight. If so, my work here is done!

7 comments:

Eva said...

You did an awesome job Stephanie! And I LOVE that short story collection. :)

Violet said...

wow, 9 hours of cheering is not bad at all.

well done Stephanie!!!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

Great job cheerleading ,and sneaking in some short stories was not too bad either.

Amanda said...

You say "only a cheerleader" as if it's in some way inferior to being a reader - cheerleaders rock! You were awesome!

Aarti said...

You're completely right about the number of new people you meet through the readathon. It's amazing :-)

Glad you were there for the third shift!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Sometimes I think cheerleading is more fun than reading! :) You did a fantastic job, sweetie, and it was so fun to see your "smiling" face in the wee hours. Thanks for being such an encouraging friend.

Marg said...

Thanks for cheering Stephanie!