Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy 9th Birthday, Bella!!


My baby is growing up!! Today was Miss Bella's 9th birthday. This is a picture of her at the Olive Garden today. (Her very favorite restaurant!) Mike, the kids, and Grandma & Grandpa and I took her out, then went back to the house for presents. It was a lovely day.

Last night, I got to take her out by myself. As much as I work these days, I make sure that each kid gets a "date" with mom on their birthday. We had such a good time, too! I always feel so guilty when I don't get to spend much time with the kids, but this is the one day a year that is just theirs. And it was really nice. Bella and I went to dinner at Perkin's. Then we had some time to shop. So I took her to Border's so she could pick out some books (Mom ALWAYS buys books for birthdays!). We hit Bath & Body Works for some smell goods and lip gloss. Then off to a movie. We went to see The Proposal. Kind of surprised me when she picked this one out. Cute movie. We had a wonderful time!!

She got some great presents....including some Barbies, a couple of movies, the new Season 3 Hannah Montana soundtrack (Ewwww, I can't believe I actually spent money on it!), and a super-cool Twilight Messenger Bag (don't get too jealous, Michelle!) All-in-all, I'd say that it was a perfect couple of days. Now...it's back to work for mom!

12 comments:

nadine said...

awww. she's too cute.
Happy Birthday Bella

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Bella!! And the Twilight messenger tote is fitting, considering her name. ;-) Got pictures of that too, by chance? I'm in the market for a new tote to help me get motivated to lug around study material everywhere.

I like your idea of getting a date with each of the kids on their birthday. I might start that with Holly's next week. I see manis in her future...

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Bella!

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

She's cute as a button! Sounds like she had a lovely time! Happy birthday to her :)

Ana S. said...

Happy Birthday, Bella! Sounds like she had a lovely day :)

chrisa511 said...

Aw :) Happy Birthday Bella!! She's beautiful :)

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Bella! My girl turned 9 on the 24th. They grow up soooo fast.


--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Kelly said...

Books...smell goods and a movie..sounds like heaven with your girl!!

Serena said...

Happy Birthday! She's so cute!

Melody said...

Happy Birthday, Bella! :)

Carl V. Anderson said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like you got a great haul of gifts! Congrats to you and to your wonderful mom!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Oh, that messenger bag sounds fun. Happy LATE Birthday to Bella. I actually have a contest ending today I think for some Spread Heads. She might be interested if you want to enter on her behalf. :)

-Lauren