Monday, July 20, 2009

Hugs and Kisses


I just wanted to take a second to say Hugs and Kisses to all of you!! Thank you so much for all your heartfelt comments on my last post....although it was over a week ago. As you can tell, I've been going through some "stuff" lately, and by venting some of my frustrations, I feel a lot better. Just knowing I have lots of friends out there is more than enough right now to make me see just how lucky I really am. So....thank you, and I just know how much I appreciate it.

I have a huge post to do for the Nerds Heart YA. (for the record, although I'm totally late on the post, the next round judges already know my decision, so at least I have that going for me). I've been meaning to do it for the last few days, but things kind of got out of hand.


I thought taking a few days off would leave me with some time to blog, but alas, I was wrong. I've been in the middle of some serious house cleaning. Then there was Bella's basketball camp, 3 make-up softball games, end of the season soft-ball tourney, fall sports sign-ups. And last, but certainly not least, a trip to the emergency room and a CT scan for Bella. A family bike outing took an unexpected twist when my little Bella did a face-plant to the concrete. She looks worse for the wear, but she is fine. I think it probably scared me as much as it did her. I was right behind her and saw her hit the pavement. I swear, my heart just stopped. Thank goodness she was wearing her helmet, or I'm sure it would have been worse. Even with the helmet, she suffered multiple scratches, a bloody nose, a nasty cut in her mouth, and a bump on the forehead that caused a mild concussion.

So...all in all the last few days have been a blur. Please look for my Nerds post tomorrow and see who is crowned the Second Round winner: The Latent Powers of Dylan Fontaine by April Lurie or The City in the Lake by Rachel Neumeier. Also up this week: Book tour for Shawn Klomparens' Two Years, No Rain.

8 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. :) and oh the suspense of the Nerds Heart YA decision!

Ana S. said...

It's great to hear from you, Stephanie! Sometimes it's good to take some time off, though. I look forward to your decision tomorrow, though I'm almost sure Dylan Fontaine will have moved on - this based on how much Chris loved it and on the fact that Becky and Kailana weren't too crazy about the other book. But who knows, maybe I'll be surprised!

Debi said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad to hear that Bella is okay! And I'm glad your poor mommy heart held up...there is simply nothing like that feeling of terror when something happens to your kiddo, is there?

I'm also glad to hear you're feeling better, too! I'm sure life hasn't magically become unstressful, but you're right--it really can help just to vent. And I'm glad you feel you could with us.

I'm with Nymeth--I'd be willing to bet that it's Dylan Fontaine. But I can't wait to hear for sure.

Iliana said...

Aw, poor Bella! Glad it all turned out ok and hope she's feeling better.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I'm so glad Bella is OK--what a scare for you all. And I'm sure it was that much worse watching the whole thing happen.

Glad everything is going OK--and I know what you mean about not finding time to blog. I took last Friday from work and still wasn't able to blog at all. There's just never enough time for everything...

Kelly said...

So glad your Bella is okay! Nothing scares us moms more!!

Tammy said...

Those bike accidents can be scary, my sister knocked out 2 of her teeth going over her handlebars. Glad to hear Bella's okay!

Sending virtual hugs your way -- try not to let those life stresses get to you. And go ahead and vent to us anytime you need!

samantha.1020 said...

Glad to hear that your daughter is okay...that must have been really scary! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these two books...will be waiting for your reviews :)