Thursday, July 2, 2009

Woe is Me.....

It's been a rather lousy week for me. First of all, #%&&$#% Blogger decided that my blog was spam!! I had to appeal for a review. If I hadn't been considering a move to self-hosting, this would have pushed me over the edge. Of course, I really don't think I have the time right now to make the move. It's a little scary thinking about it.

To top off an already lousy week, my computer went down. At the moment, it is sitting somewhere at a Best Buy waiting for a Geek Squad dude to fix it. They told me 9 days, but I threw a major hissy fit in the middle of the store, so I'm hoping to have it back sooner.

Of course, this means, I'm pretty much off-line until I get it back. Hence the sudden departure. Hopefully, I won't lose all my friendly reader friends!! If I'm not around, have a safe 4th, and cross your fingers that I'll be back up and running by Monday!

(ps...I'm at work now. And I already have 3 reviews to put up!!)

13 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Well that's all just awful stuff Steph :( I hope your computer is back soon and that blogger decides to play nice again...And I hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th too!

Amy said...

Bummer!!! We'll miss you but relax and have a good weekend. We'll still be here waiting for you. :)

DesLily said...

computer problems suck! oh..did I say that? heh..

Hope you are back soon..Happy 4th!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

9 days to fix a computer?? What crap! I'm glad that you were able to get your blog back--wonder why they deem some blogs spam. This hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to a handful of book bloggers so far. Yuck.

Hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Fingers and toes all crossed Stephanie! We all feel your pain because we've all had blogger and computer issues and they are never, ever fun! I hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!

Tif Sweeney said...

9 days without a computer?!?! I would be having some serious withdrawals!! I can't handle when I'm only able to check my email once!!

In the meantime, have a safe and fun holiday weekend! And, hopefully you will get your computer back sooner!

Nikki in Niagara said...

Aw, hope you get your computer back before nine days are up. That's terrible. Don't feel too bad about the blogger thing, it happens to everyone eventually. It keeps the *real* bad guys away. And now you will be safe from it ever happening again. Waiting for your return.

Iliana said...

Well, that sucks! I hope your computer woes are fixed soon. Have a great weekend! Looking forward to your reviews. I've been falling so behind on reviews lately. I think it's just summer and I'm being lazy :)

Chrisbookarama said...

I had that happen to me. I was pissed at Blogger! Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the computer issues, hope you find a way to get your internet fix. Don't want to see you go through cold turkey withdrawal a la Trainspotting.

Marg said...

This does seem to happen every now and again with Blogger. It happened to me about 18 months ago and it sucked, but they resolved it relatively quickly thank goodness!

Enjoy your 4th of July.

Ana S. said...

I've had that happen to me too. So annoying!

Michelle said...

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear of the problems. It amazes me that Blogger would consider anything spam. I mean, I'm sure hey host blogs with much more questionalbe content and communication policies. I self-host and it wasn't hard for me to get set up. I'd encourage you to think about it once you get your computer back up and running.

Good luck!